Friday, May 13, 2011

mint chocolate chip dress

 a.k.a. The Million Mistakes Dress

Only read the below paragraph if you have way too much time on your hands ;)

I cut this dress out a month ago, and promptly forgot about it. Then when I started working on it again  I decided that the bodice would look amazing with a bias tape trim. Yeah, wrong! I chose a bright yellow (should have used the baby blue)  from my stash and was horrified when I saw the final combo of brown and yellow. So I gave up and considered cutting it up (to show the dress who was boss of course). Thankfully I didn't cut it up, and instead came back to it last weekend. I turned the ugly bias to the inside, top-stitched and was relatively happy with the result. After attaching the skirt and putting in the invisible zipper I got the brilliant idea that the skirt need to be shorter. And of course I decided to just guess at how much shorter, instead of putting it on. FAIL! I cut off way too much and once again abandoned the dress. My mom gave me the brilliant idea to use a pretty fabric for the bottom and I chose this Amy Butler (?)  scallop print. And the dress looked great until I decided to hem it with bright pink thread. I still have to rip out the hem and redo it white, but overall I'm pretty happy with the dress, and even more happy that I'm finally done with it. <3




 have a happy weekend!

No comments: