Wednesday, May 4, 2011

date night dress?

Ikat is one of my favorite prints, after florals and polka dots of course. My mom bought this fabric for me in the Summer of 2009, and I was going to make a maxi dress out of it. Well it's been 2 years and I finally used it to make this cute dress for a date tonight :) I sort of used this pattern, but really only for the bodice, and I did away with the ginormous ruffles.


So here's the funny thing, I hate how this dress looks on me and will not be wearing it on my date tonight. The neckline is too low, the hem is too high, and the gathers at my tummy are not doing me any favors. I love the dress, the fabrics, my beautiful invisible zipper. But it makes me look fat, and according to my mom my eyes just don't sparkle when I put it on. So this dress will be going to my friend, Rachel. She is petite, lacks any type of tummy, and is sure to sparkle in this dress :)

Enjoy this beautiful day.

No comments: