Wednesday, June 23, 2010

cancer sucks, but her attitude doesn't

January my amazing mom found the tiniest of lumps in her right breast.
February she was diagnosed with triple-negative breast cancer.
April a double mastectomy was performed.
May was spent healing, both physically and emotionally.
June chemo started, along with the loss of her hair.
Although it has been a roller coaster ride we have tried to stay as positive as possible, and it has really helped. The moments of pity and anger are normal and totally ok, we just try not to linger in them for too long. The type of breast cancer that my mom had ("had" because there is not a trace of it left in her body) is the rarest, but we were blessed because she found it in its earliest stage.

My Mommy is amazing, my BFF and always there for me. She has guided me through everything and taught me so much :) I'm so proud of the way that she has chosen to approach this sucky situation. She'll be the first to admit that its easier for her to be negative rather than positive, but she is trying so hard now to look on the bright side. I love her forever :)

 
My Daddy is pretty awesome too :) He shaved his head to show his support for my mom.


Our "bald" heads :)

No comments: